Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Can I Get a Little Less Fore and a Little More Play?

I think trying to get a band together has made me more aware of the way people act in wierd situations. I'm still having problems with the first guitarist I contacted this year about starting something up. I had no way to know weather or not it would work out. We exchanged numbers and set a date to practice. He picked me up and we drove to his apartment. (I'm still glad I didn't end up drugged in the trunk.) The whole situation sucked. The kid had no personality, HE decided what was right for the band and what kind of music we were going to play, he smoked a shitload of weed, and he kept telling me that he liked what HE wrote but that I could change a few things... I don't know about you, but when I'm trying to make a friend, I usually try an outrageously new concept. BEING NICE. It works, I promise.

O.K. So maybe I wrote this just because I liked the title and REALLY wanted to use it. But I think I made some valid points. I think a friendship is needed before a band can really take place. I think if your going to be an ass, then stick to playing your instrument by yourself. If you absolutely HAVE to be an ass, and you NEED a band, then keep your mouth shut and let the other guys do their thing... O.K. thats all I have to say, but I really love how everything in the last paragraph could have sexual reference...


Listening To:
Senses Fail, "Rum is for Drinking, Not for Burning (Acoustic)"

No comments: