Thursday, November 16, 2006

Band Etiquette and Press Kits

Today was my day off from school... Not that I don't get more than one day off a week, but it's the only day I don't have to skip classes to get some free time. Anyways, I was planning on sleeping til 12? My girlfriend had other plans. She had to get up early to finish a paper and didn't wan't to be the only one up, so my phone rang at 6. Sweet, no more sleep for me. There was a plus side. My guitarist sent me some new material. The kid continues to amaze me. Just one more day until band practice and a brand new song, and I'm extremely excited. I just redid our first song this morning and it sounds MUCH better. I think re-writing songs has become a new procrastination point for me... That and Acoustically Sound. (I have a bunch of term papers due tomorrow and I haven't started yet.) I'm a little stressed out, not because of my unfinished homework, but because my guitarist wants us to join a new band on the side... All the new band wants to do is covers... Note to any aspiring bands, DO NOT torture your vocalist by making them do covers. It sucks. O well, I'll get over it. We were also talking about getting a press kit put together. We'll talk about that more when we get a few more songs put together. I think I'm going to start writing some How To's , and How to Put Together a Press Kits will be among the first.

Listening To: Saosin, "I've Been Dying to Reach You"

No comments: