Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Catching Up.

So here I am at college... It's my sophmore year and I have three goals. 1) not to fail miserably, 2) not screw up horribly with my girlfriend whos at another college 3 hours away, and 3) START A BAND ... Sounds do-able right? So I'm missing loads of classes, the gf's 3 hours away, and I found a guitarist who's willing to play with me. Things are going great. We get together once, write an AMAZING song, and he tells me he doesn't like my melody or my lyrics... "They're too emo." The kid wants to start a hardcore band without a screamer... Go figure. So i figure I'm at college, theres got to be other kids who like the same kind of music as I do and play guitar. Nope. So i hit up myspace. Find a guitarist, 2 years younger, who lives about a half hour away from my house, an hour from my school. We set a date. Get together for 3 hours. Write a song. (that's how it works). The kids awesome, good personality, amazingly creative, and we get along well. The song we wrote isn't amazing, but it does show that we can work together. The more we write, the more our writing styles will mesh, and the better our songs will get. I think I'll keep him. The first guitarist I've had who I can stand. Were writing another song this Friday.

Listening To: Letter Kills, "Radio Up"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey brah!...that is soo cute, although kinda seems a little sketchy, so stop HITTING ON ME!!! haha jk dawg!