Thursday, April 26, 2007

Learning Guitar, As Easy as "A","B","C"

Have you ever played Guitar Hero and wished it was a real guitar so that you could learn while you play? I've been trying to learn guitar for ages. I think I picked up my first in third grade, and I just couldn't get it. I tried again in high school, learned a few songs and gave up again because reading chords got too complicated...? Whatever the reason, I kept giving up. I'm a singer, not a guitarist right? Well I think I found my solution. A company called Fretlight is making guitars that will take the stress out of learning guitar. What they have done is placed a set of small LED lights under every string for every fret. You can plug the guitar into your computer, select a song or lesson, and the chord or note that you need to play lights up.
The interactive light system shows you where to play no different than how the letters on your computer's keyboard show you which keys do what. You press the "A" button and an "A" pops up on the monitor. This is how we learn to type, so why should the guitar be any different?
These guitars run a little expensive. You can pick one up at Fretlight's Website for anywhere from $400 to $900. But cutting down on the learning time and allowing you to have more fun with an instrument you enjoy, may just be worth the price.

No comments: