Thursday, April 26, 2007

Reel Big Fish - Best Live Show Ever?


Reel Big Fish is a "Ska / Rock / Comedy" band that is now working on their 11th album. I recently had the pleasure of seeing them perform for the second time, and let me tell you, it gets better every time. I'm not usually the type of person that listens to ska, but their music is filled with so much passion, talent, and even humor that I find myself singing along anyways. Back to their show, because, technically thats what I'm reviewing... Oh My God. Reel Big Fish really knows how to get the crowd involved. There was more movement on stage than any band filled with 19 year olds. Scott Klopfenstien, one of the bands two trumpet players, backup vocalist, second guitarist, and piano player was one of the most talented musicians I have seen grace a record label in a long time. Half of the time I was just watching him and wondering how he does what he does. But don't get me wrong, the rest of the band is insanely talented as well. Jumping around and parading on stage while playing an instrument (WELL) isn't the easiest thing to do. Each person fills in with backup vocals, and more importantly witty lines throughout the night! Reel Big Fish hit the jackpot with finding the perfect blend between music and comedy. Look Out for this band next time they're in your area!

No comments: