Friday, April 13, 2007

Sing until your lungs give out... or scream?

Heh, my girlfriends going to kill me for this post. The ability to scream like my favorite bands continues to elude me. When I picture myself up onstage in front of a large audience singing along to my songs, I don't picture what I've been doing. Theres never any acoustic sets, or pop punk ballads; my dreams reflect myself writing songs like the ones I listen to. In my opinion a lead singer of a rock band needs to be able to scream as well as sing now-a-days. People want that kind of versatility, as well as most bands looking for a new singer. While I still haven't been able to conquer this ability, I know theres many more kids like me looking to learn. Following are a list of websites that I have found helpful in pursuits(without the "dont screw up your voice"help""). Hopefully these can help somebody else struggling with this. BTW if you have any hints, tricks, or suggestions as to learning how to scream, feel free to leave them in the comments.


Merkaba's Voice Help Hotline - Good for anything vocal, but covers screaming extensively.

Tony Bullard Metal Tutorial - Decent Mp3 tutorial on Metal style screaming.

Learn How to Scream Part 2 - I don't think there is a part 1 to this, but its another decent Mp3 tutorial.

Screaming 101 - Basic Tutorial by some scene kid, but simplifies the process.

Melissa Cross - I know this is what you get whenever you search screaming, but it is worthwhile if you can find one.

I'll add more later if I can find them.

Listening To: From Autumn to Ashes, "I'm the Best at Ruining My Life"

No comments: