Thursday, November 16, 2006

BOSS Digital Recorder = Necessity

As a singer, I am always coming up ideas for a song, lyrics, or any random beat that pops into my head. I learned early on that its too hard to keep a pad and pencil by my side at all times, and even if you do write your lyrics down you will most likely forget your melody. Besides, you never get a good idea when its convenient. I wrote my first song while I was mowing the lawn... (I sunk the lawnmower shortly after.) I've been through 4 digital recorders in the last few years. I lost two, went swimming accidentially with one, and the other was stolen from me along with a backpack and a few useless school books. I'm on my fifth right now, and it's a piece of crap. The Olympus brand was good, STAY AWAY from coby. Anyways, the more I write and the more I collaborate with guitarists, bassists, whatever; the more I wish I could record all the tracks on my recorder and play them back as one file. It's a pain to have my computer with me everytime I get an idea. Try bringing a computer with you on the lawnmower... I just read about THE most amazing thing ever to hit the shelves. BOSS, the same brand that makes guitar pedals and some recording equipment just came out with the Boss Micro BR Digital Recorder... If your halfway serious about writing music you'll get this baby. Running at around $229, I think its worth it. Reminds you of a mastercard commercial doesn't it: Shure Compression Microphone $89, Boss Micro BR Digital Recorder $229, The ability to write a song, and hear it on the radio the next day Priceless. There are some things money cant buy, and so on and so forth.... If I had the money I would buy one tomorrow. Just in time for band practice! Check them out, these things are awesome.

BOSS MICRO BR Digital Recorder

Listening To: Emery, "The Ponytail Parade"


Emery

No comments: