Sunday, November 19, 2006

Confidence boost

Tonight we had another jam session. We played "Stealing Stars" for my guitarist's friends and they seemed to really enjoy it. We also went to check out another band who needed two vocalists. I hate trying out for new bands just because the audition process sucks, but having a song almost finished really made it easier. Playing it for their guitarist, we didn't miss a beat. My nerves are getting better in front of people. Playing in front of people you don't know is a really quick way to getting over your nerves, after a few times your confidence grows. We're still not sure if were going to play with the new band, or if were going to add their guitarist to our lineup yet. But nonetheless, he was a cool guy. In other news, I'm moving into a new room while I'm home and I'm going to try to set up a little recording studio/sound booth. I'll keep you posted, and if I do eventually do this, I'll write up a how to for it. It should be interesting to see what happens, I'm usually a klutz and tend to break everything.

Listening To: LoveHateHero, "These Fists are Grenades"

No comments: